A significant part of being in community as Christians is the care and compassion we share for one another and for those beyond our community. Here are some of the ways we do so within our church:
- Our clergy do visitation to hospitals and, as appropriate, with members in their homes at times of illness and tragedy.
- Our Board of Deacons regularly enables visitations to our homebound and elderly by trained members of the congregation.
- Our Prayer Shawl ministry adds a dimension of love and warmth as we express our continued prayers with members and friends, embodied in lovely prayer shawls made with this purpose in mind. We meet on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. at Silverwood Park (on Co Rd E just west of Silver Lake Rd) to knit and crochet. All skill levels are welcome.
- Meals are delivered and shared with some of our elderly members during the Wednesday Night Program as an extension of our gathering together as a church family.
- Our Prayer Circle meets regularly to hold up in prayer those in our congregation who are struggling, and to support one another through difficult times.
- A Caregiver's Support Group meets every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month at 2:00 for a time of sharing and support. Anyone who considers themselves a caregiver in any capacity is welcome to join us.