A significant part of being in community as Christians is the care and compassion we share for one another and for those beyond our community. Here are some of the ways we do so within our church:
- Joys and Concerns are uplifted most Sundays during our worship services.
- Our clergy do visitation to hospitals and, as appropriate, with members in their homes at times of illness and tragedy. During the pandemic, most pastoral care is being done by telephone or via Zoom.
- Our Deacons and other members of the church regularly send out holiday and greeting cards to members in need of contact. Check-in phone calls have been happening during the pandemic.
- Our Prayer Shawl ministry (currently on hiatus) has added a dimension of love and warmth that expresses our continued prayers with members and friends, embodied in lovely prayer shawls made with this purpose in mind.
- We often have a Caregiver's Support Group or Grief Support Group meeting on a regular basis as needed and desired by members of the church. Please inquire if this is something you are looking for.